Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 22, 2011, 07:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Bashing a product is always fun.
Sharing a good experience is just as much fun.

I got my drive today.
Did a bit of research to copy my 80gb drive over to my new 1tb drive so I wouldn't have to re-install everything.
Free copy or clone hard drive with free backup software - EaseUS Todo Backup Free.

The software above made it a piece of cake, a walk in the park, or you can use whatever expression you prefer.

My steps:
Plugged in the drive
Researched the topic
Downloaded and installed the software mentioned above
Followed the instruction on the page I linked to
35 minutes later(right now), I'm running from my new drive.

I did not initialise the new drive prior to running EaseUs Todo Backup.
I did exacly the steps above.
I don't know if it's a known software, but I know I just used it and I think it's great and free!
Old September 22, 2011, 08:02 PM
Allstar

I've always used Acronis to image drives but this looks pretty good. Will be checking it out. Thanks

Create something idiot proof and they will make a better idiot.

Intel Q6600 - Gigabyte EP35-DS4 - OCZ Reaper 4gig PC2-6400 - XFX 8800GT 512Mb Alpha Dog - AuzenTech X-Fi Prelude - Alesis M1Active MK2 - Corsair HX-620 - Silverstone Temjin TJ05B-X - Scythe Katana 2 - WD Raptor 150Gb - Seagate 7200.11 750Gb x2 - Samsung SH-S203N
Old September 22, 2011, 08:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I like the one little dock I have at work. Just plug in the source drive and then plug in the target drive. Select dup on the switch and hit start, no computer required. It does a bit by bit copy so really the only stipulation is that the target drive has to be the same or bigger in size. All in all a great little tool, oh and it can connect using USB so it works as a dual dock when not cloning drives.

But at home I use acronis. As for the drives I generally stick with WD now (black if needed for a games drive, green for media storage) as I got burned bad from the Seagate 7200.11 drives. Hell have 3 of them sitting here waiting to go back, and yes 2 of those are already replacements.