Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 8, 2011, 09:02 PM
Banned
F@H

Default WD20EARS-00MVWB0 WMAZA vs WCAZA

hey ak, besides manufacturer date and s/n, what is the difference between the two?

so far i see the latter running bout 2c warmer, but that could be a sensor, drive placement in the case and so on :)

Last edited by _dangtx_; August 8, 2011 at 09:59 PM.
Old August 8, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Honestly, havent heard one way or the other that there IS any differences. When you drill down that far into the model number you are getting into minor revision territory (usually). Could be as simple as a dif firmware revision being loaded on them. Dif revision of the PCB being used, dif ram/controller/drive controller chip....etc etc. Hell it could even be something as stupid as a dif mfg'er of a sub-assembly part.

Honestly, 2C variation could easily be put down to small sample size error, or dif sensor mfg'er being used, etc...or I have missed something important and am way of base. :)~

Maybe somebody else has heard something more concrete one way or the other and can enlighten us all :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 8, 2011, 09:59 PM
Banned
F@H

good. firmare is the same. aka : Revision 51.0AB51

cool. was curious since all the 2tb greens i got were wmaza

and i made a mistake. the wcaza is running 2 c warmer.

editing thread title.

edit : when do you reckon we should see 4tb drives? samsung apparently has denied
the rumours,which makes me think they are still working on it.

and since they showed 1tb pl.atter hard drives at work, shouldn't be too hard to cram 4 in a 3.5" drive :)
Old August 8, 2011, 11:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Samsung doesn't make HDDs.
And 4TB drives won't be cost effective for years, 3TB drives are still way to much.
Old August 8, 2011, 11:22 PM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
Samsung doesn't make HDDs.
And 4TB drives won't be cost effective for years, 3TB drives are still way to much.
samsung 4tb - Google Search

true on the cost,but still would be cool. dont think one of those would eat twice the power of 2tb units,plus
the space saved and such.

edit : Maximum PC | Samsung Hits 1TB per Platter

"
For its part, Samsung claims the current process technology should allow them to start cranking out 10TB drives without too much trouble, and I for one can’t wait.
"

good god