Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Storage (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/)
-   -   OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240GB SSD Review Comment Thread (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/44737-ocz-vertex-3-max-iops-240gb-ssd-review-comment-thread.html)

SKYMTL July 6, 2011 09:36 PM

OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS 240GB SSD Review Comment Thread

When it was released a few short months ago, OCZ's Vertex 3 became one of the fastest SSDs on the market. However, OCZ is now trying to oen-up themselves with a drive series that promises even higher performance than its forefather. Dubbed the Vertex 3 Max IOPS, it is supposed to offer groundbreaking real world performance while retailing for only...

[ Read full article ]

_dangtx_ July 6, 2011 09:43 PM

very nice, bang per buck,well that doesnt count up there!

btw what happened to ak? wasnt he reviewing drives and such

SKYMTL July 6, 2011 09:48 PM

His name is on the review...

_dangtx_ July 6, 2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 530855)
His name is on the review...

now it is..:)

q. were you expecting a higher gap from the 'regular' 240 outside of synthetic benches?

YukonTrooper July 6, 2011 10:15 PM

Will there be a review of the castrated 120GB Vertex 3's?

SKYMTL July 7, 2011 05:02 AM

Why should we review a supposedly "castrated" drive when the outcome of the review will already be known?

AkG July 7, 2011 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _dangtx_ (Post 530857)
now it is..:)

q. were you expecting a higher gap from the 'regular' 240 outside of synthetic benches?

The fact that there is a noticeable gap in real life performance is in and of itself significant. Shaving 2 seconds off a record by only changing the NAND used is amazing. I can honestly say that this 32nm Toggle Mode NAND drive is my favorite of this generation (so far). It is the gold standard upon which all others will and should be judged.

At some point in the future we (probably) will have 120GB versions of the SF 2nd gen drives in the charts. What name it says on the label on the outside of the case remains to be seen. Thats all I can say now. Might even be a surprise drive or two show up at some point in the charts...you never know.

_dangtx_ July 7, 2011 09:45 AM

nice,so this is the holy kabooza for now? :)

thanks maite

YukonTrooper July 7, 2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKYMTL (Post 530919)
Why should we review a supposedly "castrated" drive when the outcome of the review will already be known?

Because the 120GB-128GB drives are more mainstream, are they not? I, for one, am much more interested in such sizes. Plus, I'm sure many people will buy the 120GB version assuming they're getting the same performance as the 240GB variant, so the more comprehensive the information the better, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this. :ph34r:

_dangtx_ July 7, 2011 02:23 PM

right on the money mr trooper.

people these days people will probably spend the difference on a nice green storage drive or such :)