Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 7, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
Because the 120GB-128GB drives are more mainstream, are they not? I, for one, am much more interested in such sizes. Plus, I'm sure many people will buy the 120GB version assuming they're getting the same performance as the 240GB variant, so the more comprehensive the information the better, in my opinion.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this.
A) you are not in the minority.
B) even if you were (though your are NOT)...dont be shy!

We love hearing from you guys. Its the best way to understand what to focus in on and without your feedback it would be like grouping around in the dark.

At some point in the near'ish future I can guarantee you that a certain 120 SF gen 2 will be in the charts....maybe even two different ones will be there.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 7, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

+1 for the review on a standard OCZ Vertex 3 120GB (or whatever the most common drive size that will be sold)

We know the performance of the vanilla will most likely be noticeably lower than the Max IOPS and also any of the larger sizes, but by how much? Will the extra $$ justify the increased speed over the standard V3 120GB?

That's what sucks about OCZ sending out the 240GB samples for review... obviously they want to have their name known by OCZ Vertex 3 = fastest evar and not 240GB=Super fast, 120GB Max IOPS = Fast, 120GB Vanilla = fast-ish?