Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 5, 2011, 09:46 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I wish there was a memoryexpress where I live lol.. I'm just waiting for mine to come in from NCIX and I can start my i5 sandybridge build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigFOIG View Post
Just picked one up from memoryexpress. I priced matched with NCIX and the sales representative told me that the MIR was NCIX exclusive, so he will just sell me the drive for 199.99, instead of 229.99. And then after I bought it, the manager came over and told the sales guy that the MIR is actually not NCIX exclusive, and the MIR will actually be accepted from MemoryExpress purchases as well.

Long story short, I got a 120GB Vertex 3 for $170 plus tax! Woooooooo!
Old July 13, 2011, 02:33 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, I'm starting to like MemExpress more than NCIX these days... I returned a resealable pack of ram to NCIX 2 hours after purchase and I didn't even take them out yet. They charged me a 10% restocking fee. I returned a Razer Mamba where I had to break seals and I actually used it for a couple of days. I returned that, and I got all of my money back. Hehehe, not to mention the good price match policy. NCIX usually matches prices instead of beating them, and sometimes even rejects price matches. That just seems pointless to me.