Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Corsair Force Series 3?

I'm looking at making the move to SSD. I've done quite a bit of research on them, and I'm seriously contemplating going with a C300 256GB. However, before I make the plunge, I'm VERY interested in seeing some independent test results for the Force Series 3 drives. Specifically the 240GB model. I don't believe retail locations have seen any stock on them yet (although Corsair lists them for sale), but does anyone know if there's a review up anywhere? Or are we going to have one soon? Can't seem to find anything but the numbers posted by Corsair. (Which boast some very serious results.)
Old June 6, 2011, 08:59 AM
Rookie

Newegg.ca just pulled them out after a few listing days, and the reviews there were terrible too. It seems they have serious problem which firmware which make them constantly not recognized by bios
Old June 6, 2011, 09:23 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

There isn't a thread on it here at HWC but if you head over to NCIX, there's a thread or two regarding the failure of SEVERAL 3 series SSD's from corsair. As often as I recommend Corsair products, I think i'd stay away until they sort this business out.
Old June 6, 2011, 06:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Bought 3, sent 3 back. All failed within 48 hours.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old June 6, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Failed as in dead, dead...or failed as in you got BSOD's. Right now ALL SF gen 2 drives latest firmware (2.06) has a major bug in it. Some never have problems (I havent..knock on wood) but others do. Its especially prevalent with SandyBridge mobos + SF 2's.

IF I was to buy a SF gen 2...it would be the OCZ Max IOPS. It uses 32nm Toshiba made Toggle Mode Nand, not 25nm NAND. BUT I am holding off until a firmware update happens before buying anymore...PERIOD. C300 is a killer drive. I use one in my main rig. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 7, 2011, 02:20 PM
Top Prospect

It looks like for the force 3 that it's not just firmware, and that it is hardware related too. Corsair issued a recall on all the force 3 120gb drives.

More info Corsair Force Series 3 SSD Issue Resolution: Drive Return Procedure - The Corsair Support Forums
Old June 7, 2011, 06:04 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here is a question, has anyone actually seen a review of the 240GB version of these drives? I have seen a 120GB review but would really like to see the 240GB one.