Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 28, 2011, 04:29 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
nice. the only trouble i had,well it may sound weird,bu i couldnt delete the volume/partition..ahem.

edit : very clean. you never know whos gonna look it up lol
edit 2 : General Discussion If you have this 100MB/s write speed cap in win7 try this.. that it?
yup, that is the one. works just as well on flash drives as it does on "Solid state drives". Just remember to tick the FF option box, ignore the green bar and wait till it STOPS. When the bar stops moving (it will go up and down and up and down...ignore it) it is d-o-n-e.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 28, 2011, 04:43 PM
Banned
F@H

cuul. maybe its just me,but copy from on one of them seemed ~1 meg faster than before lol.,
Old May 28, 2011, 06:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The same way you wipe your butt, using toilet paper :)

Have you tried Acronis disk cleaner? work good for HD but I have no idea for USB drive.

Martin_metal_88
Colenzo : See system spec!

Odysseus : I7 860 @ 3.6Ghz || GA P55-UD5 || G.skill Ripjaws F3-16000 2000Mhz 2X2GB || Coolermaster ATCS 840 || Silverstone Strider plus 850W || WD 640 black - WD 1TB green - Samsung F3 2TB || MSI 5670 1GB Cyclone ||Coolermaster Hyper 212 + ||

Old May 28, 2011, 07:16 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just use DBAN.. a lot of banks and security firms use it to wipe drives before transport.

Quote:
I'll learn to manage my anger, when people learn to manage their stupid.
Old May 28, 2011, 08:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use Copywipe to wipe USB drives on Windows: Hard Drive Copy and Secure Wipe Software - CopyWipe
If I'm on Linux, I use the command line "shred".

If you're really paranoid (e.g. you expect the person will actually try to take the flash chips out of the drive, solder them on something else and try to steal your data), just note that USB flash drives do have wear leveling so there may be a trace of your old data. Of course you can't get this hidden data back with software unless you exploit some vulnerability in the USB drive's controller.
Old May 28, 2011, 09:29 PM
Banned
F@H

*takes note.

thanks guys..now time to have someone wipe a box full of drives hehe
Old May 29, 2011, 04:39 PM
MVP

My System Specs

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sd* bs=1M
That should do the trick for you. Make sure you pick the correct drive (and replace drive letter with the *) or you'll remove all the data from the wrong drive.