Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 26, 2011, 03:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default PCI-E sata expansion card

I'm looking for an expansion card that will add 4 or preferably 6 sata 2 ports. it does not need to be fast, or be a raid card. I just need more sata plugs for my storage drives.
the reason I avoid the RAID cards is that they coast a lot more than just a sata card. but the largest sata card I could find was 2 ports and I don't want to have to use 2-3 slots just to add a couple hard drives.
Old May 26, 2011, 05:59 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16816124032

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...CE&Pagesize=20

NCIX.com - Buy SATA RAID Cards In Canada.
you have to read the descriptions individually at ncix. really wish they would update their website, its getting...old and cluttered

Buy SATA/RAID Cards
same you'll have to red the descriptions
Old May 27, 2011, 12:13 AM
MVP

This one is quite popular about $100, up to 8 sata drives. Keep in mind it doest come with cables and you'll need 2 sets, and for whatever reason they are $15-30 each depending on quality.
Buy SuperMicro [AOC-SASLP-MV8] Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 Marvell 6480 8 Channel SAS/SATA RAID PCI-E Card
Old May 27, 2011, 08:40 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by roh_ultima View Post
Newegg.ca - SYBA SY-PEX40016 PCI-Express x1 SATA II (3.0Gb/s) Controller Card

Newegg.ca - Computer Hardware, Hard Drives, Controllers / RAID Cards, SATA II, 4 x SATA II

NCIX.com - Buy SATA RAID Cards In Canada.
you have to read the descriptions individually at ncix. really wish they would update their website, its getting...old and cluttered

Buy SATA/RAID Cards
same you'll have to red the descriptions
thank you very much, the card you singled out is exactly what I was looking for. also, I didn't know newegg had those kind of descriptions for the product listing page.