Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 23, 2011, 07:29 PM
Rookie

Default Shortest Optical Drive?

I've got a small problem with my current build. I don't need a DVD drive, but it would be nice to have one so I was looking for the smallest internal DVD drive I could find and it appears that the shortest depth is 170mm. I'd like one that's about an inch shorter, otherwise it won't fit in my case.

Are there any drives less than this? I'd use a slim drive but 5.25" bay adapters seem almost as long and wouldn't fix the problem...at least on Newegg.

I guess I'll use an external drive if there's absolutely no other way around this.
Old April 23, 2011, 08:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's hit and miss really I think...

I've had some drives over the past years that were shorter than others. Can't recall exact models but I think they were Liteon based.

However I don't think you're going to shave an inch off.