Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 22, 2011, 01:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

IIRC no it shouldnt nuke your drive, but I havnt used the fixmbr command in years since early vista days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old March 22, 2011, 01:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Try mbrfix, not the MS version. Non destructive, and saved my bacon a couple of times. MBR Fix - Fix MBR problems

Edit: whoops, I see AkG already mentioned it. Still gets a
Old March 22, 2011, 07:01 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Click on "Performance and Maintenance", "Administrative Tools", "Computer Management", "Storage", "Disk Management"
this should be the first step to check, need to initialize the drive first if it's OEM.
Old March 22, 2011, 08:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Click on "Performance and Maintenance", "Administrative Tools", "Computer Management", "Storage", "Disk Management"

what does disk management report
465GB RAW
Healthy (Primary Partition)

Oddly the drive shows up as the exact same size as the amount of data I was able to recover off of it... which is what, exactly 1/3 the size of the drive and it has three platters? MbrFix didn't do anything either. Unless you guys have some other tricks up your sleeves I think it's getting close to RMA time.
EVGA GTX 280 (SC?)
OCZ Gamer Xtreme 600W PSU
Cooler Master Cosmos on water