update ssd firmware without windows 7
i just cant find right article about it... ( most is windows 7 recovery disc or linux flasher)
i want to know if its possible to firmware via bootable usb (dos) like mostly motherboard driver did?
That's how I do mine. Bootable DOS usb stick.
how do you do that... can you please tell me the detail about it? thanks
btw is it ocz vertex 2?
I just updated the firmware on my Intel SSD last night. I downloaded the firmware iso from the intel site and burned it to disk. Booted from the cd and it updated the firmware. Not sure if OCZ has a different procedure or not.
You can grab this free Recovery disk: Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs — The NeoSmart Files to use for flashing. Just grab the 32bit one.
You can boot it off a USB or put it on a DVD, up to you.
jd, i still dont understand... is there the guide?
i would like to know where is the driver that you can download ocz vertex 2 driver? and how to flash it with windows 7 system rec disc?
Well if you boot that recovery disk off a USB drive, also copy the firmware update and tool onto the USB as well.
Then once you boot off the USB, you'd follow this:
2. Select repair computer, then select command prompt.
3. Once at the command prompt type "Diskpart"
4. At the new Diskpart prompt type "List Volume"
5. Displayed on the screen will show the various drive letters available, one of them will be your USB stick. Note its drive letter.
6. Type "Exit" at the Diskpart prompt.
7. Now type <DriveLetter>and then a colon ( : ) where <DriveLetter> is the letter from step 5.
8. Now type "ssdupdate" that you put on the USB stick and you will see everything as above.
9. Once complete, the system will reboot automatically.
Guide Sandforce Firmware update 1.29
ah... too late... i took a long and hard method... put it into my computer and have to enable ahci on my computer >_>;
but thank you for instruction...
btw.. i never know that you can run that exe... i mean just enter ssdupdate and it will do itself?
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:24 AM.|