Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 17, 2011, 08:45 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Lost 400+gb data

[COLOR=#]I reboot and I couldn't boot into win7x64 know matter what I tried I went from just doing a recovery which didn't work then I tried maanus disk ( a acquaintance from a different website recovery disk) thinking that I should be able to recover or load up my acronis backups ( I back up every sunday). I tried , but my acronis is 2011 and the one on maanus is 2010, it could see that backup files but wouldn't load . So I thought that I would ( after trying through Linux live cds) I would just quickly install win7x64 again then go to my e drive that has all of my backups on it and just use acronis and be finished. I load the disk into my pc let it do its thing 20 mins later I am up and running but there is a problem. I could,'t see any other drives except for my ssd drive (c:\) , I load up the admintools\storage\disk management and it is inside there but it shows that it is totally blank just shows the drive with no ntfs or anything. I am not sure what happened but it seems that I lost over 400gb of backups and os's\ files tv shows games , lol everything is gone, I have been running recoveru on it for the past hour in hopes of it finding something but nothing has show up yet .
Which other software out there cana recover my data off the disk?
[/COLOR]
Old February 17, 2011, 08:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Our techs use a program called File Scavenger that seems to work well.
Old February 17, 2011, 08:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

You most likely won't be able to recover everything, once you rewrite the sectors you are done for :(
Old February 17, 2011, 09:52 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

can you put the drive in another machine? not as the primary drive?
i thought i had a drive fail that i was expecting to die.
dropped it in as a extra and did a fresh install on a new drive with 7/64
win udates ran and bing microsoft security found alureon in the boot sector of the thought to be dead drive.
it makes the drive unbootable. tdsskiller got rid of it. drive is still working fine
Old February 17, 2011, 10:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

GetDataBack NTFS works great, but it'll cost you. You can try it and see if it can recover all your files before buying though.
Old February 26, 2011, 11:10 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Recover my files is a great program and can be found for free is you are a torrent share user.