Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2014, 05:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I just did my second format of my SSD, it's been over a year since the first. Found this tweak guide
Windows 7 SSD Tweaking Guide
and it has this part which is new to me:

That guide looks similar to Seans above but has a few more things than the OP of this thread and some Chrome tips too.
What's your thoughts on the additional points from that guide AKG? Worthwhile, or not so much?

Just got my intel 530 120gb (from BST) in and running a couple of days ago (still more installing to do yet though). I have made the changes you recommended, but not much else.

Any other pointers for a new to SSD guy?
Old May 1, 2014, 09:36 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Crap. Just saw the thread bump. SORRY! These days the only real main things you need to is make sure TRIM is working...and leave as much room as free as possible. The rest of the stuff in this thread is for long term thinking (ie you want it to last so long that the controller and not the NAND doesnt die first).

Make sure TRIM is working....run this. https://github.com/CyberShadow/trimcheck ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr