Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2011, 05:25 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well if your os does not have it's updates is the only time i have seen it not turn off defrag. right click adn run as admin should work then ( if you haven't tried it that way ) i personal turn of readyboot ( not readyboost ) this is under (right click my computer under manage/performance/data collection sets/start up event traces. then go to readyboot right click/properties under the trace session tab uncheck "enable". done this really does not help ssd at all and is always the first thing i turn off.
Old January 15, 2011, 05:34 AM
Allstar

All the updates were done before I checked ...

Oh and my ssd firmware version says 1.27
Old January 15, 2011, 06:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

wow i have not had to turn it off for any ssd's for a while
Old January 15, 2011, 06:59 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It doesn't turn off defrag, ever. What it SHOULD do is omit any SSD it detects from the defragging schedule. If you go into the defragger and then click "Configure schedule" and click on "Select disks", your SSD should not even be on the list of options to select to defrag.

Old January 15, 2011, 07:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

that is turned off cause the defrag will not run auto on the ssd. if you want to run it on said ssd you can still do it manually but it makes no sense to at all hence why i said it's turned off