Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 1, 2008, 08:00 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Default Corsair Flash Voyager 4GB

Has anyone tried this and liked it? I know the Voyager GT has been reviewed, but I don't think I would pay about triple the price for the same amount of storage. I would mainly like to use it for playing movies on my DVP5982. My Kingston 1GB is capable, but I find it is not enough space for my needs.

At $30, I think it is a steal.

Any suggestions?
Old January 1, 2008, 08:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have the 1g and 2g versions and find bang for buck they are nice unit.
I would buy another if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old January 1, 2008, 09:58 PM
Allstar

I have purchased several Flash Voyagers (2 x 1 GB, 4 GB GT, 8 GB) and would recommend them to anyone. The GT version is definitely a lot faster and I got mine for $55 back in April from Directcanada, though the standard version is still faster than most other flash drives. I use my 4 GB GT every day at work and it holds up very well and has also been put through the wash a couple times by my GF.

The only downsides I can think of are:

1) It's not the prettiest flash drive
2) It's larger than average
3) It's easy to lose the cap (not that that's a big deal for me, I have never used my cap)
Old January 1, 2008, 10:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I have the 8Gb GT and it is super fast! I use it for everything!
Old January 2, 2008, 02:52 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

Thanks for the replies guys. I love how this forum is very helpful :D
Old January 25, 2008, 08:09 PM
Rookie

I have used all the corsair lineup of drive over 4GB (Voyager 4GB~16GB , Voyager GT 4GB~8GB)
and like everyone else has commented; found them to be one of the best ones in the market.

Only thing I dislike is its size and the rubber housing that you can apparently pull off with not
too much effort.
Old January 25, 2008, 11:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

One of these just died on me today. So I ordered the OCZ OCZUSBATV4G Atv Dual Channel for $25 to replace it. I think it is pretty much the same as the Voyager but a little cheaper right now . Seems to get the same comments as the Voyager about the rubber housing being kinda big and the lid coming off easier than some like. But for $25 I like the speed and 4GB.

ttp://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26055&vpn=OCZUSBATV4G&manufacture=OC Z%20Technology&promoid=1006

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE