Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20, 2010, 04:42 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, it's not giving you an estimated running life, it's giving you an actual date based on your current usage which would include both uptime and downtime.

I'm actually surprised that it's recorded 125 restarts as it's a 24/7 rig, although I suppose I go through quite a few restarts when I'm dialing in my OC.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old November 21, 2010, 04:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

um i have not read the whole thread but i have been playing with these apps for almost a year know and i can tell you they don't work right even the 1 from indilinx does not work right and when you flash any ssd this particular app resets it self to 100%. in fact the indilinx 1 has said my a-data ssd has been at 19% for almost 4 months know and i am trying to kill it it has formatted and restarted with 7 about 10 times in the last month alone and still no movement cell wearing is at over 8000 writes to all cells but still it goes on strong as every.

I have learned there only good for playing with,1 of the patriot warp v2 i sold a buddie he killed it mind you it was the only drive in the system and his kids did nothing but stream internet stuff all day long it last almost a year but it's dead no doubt about it. my 2 cents as always have fun playing with them but don't count your ssd as alive as it says or as dead as i use to think he he. this app uses the same info as the indilinx one fyi
Old November 21, 2010, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
um i have not read the whole thread but i have been playing with these apps for almost a year know and i can tell you they don't work right even the 1 from indilinx does not work right and when you flash any ssd this particular app resets it self to 100%. in fact the indilinx 1 has said my a-data ssd has been at 19% for almost 4 months know and i am trying to kill it it has formatted and restarted with 7 about 10 times in the last month alone and still no movement cell wearing is at over 8000 writes to all cells but still it goes on strong as every.

I have learned there only good for playing with,1 of the patriot warp v2 i sold a buddie he killed it mind you it was the only drive in the system and his kids did nothing but stream internet stuff all day long it last almost a year but it's dead no doubt about it. my 2 cents as always have fun playing with them but don't count your ssd as alive as it says or as dead as i use to think he he. this app uses the same info as the indilinx one fyi
Well off course, any hardware in bound to fell. Same thing with HDD. In my life with computers i had 3 HDD failing (samsungs) between 6 months to 3 years approx. SSD can fail just like a HDD...
Old November 21, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I just updated my chipset ( AMD ) this morning and I am a little confused now , I am currently running this the HDDLife program and it is showing that my SSD is at 78% not sure why this is also the other thing that is confusing me is this "TRIM support in drive/OS: enabled/enabled "
I am thinking that this means trim support is enabled both on the SSD and my OS and if it is should I turn off the OS trim( and if I should how do I do that)?

HDD Life OnLine
Old November 21, 2010, 11:09 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoohki View Post
Well off course, any hardware in bound to fell. Same thing with HDD. In my life with computers i had 3 HDD failing (samsungs) between 6 months to 3 years approx. SSD can fail just like a HDD...
no kidding way to miss the point of what i was saying is most of this apps for "ssd" dont work worth a shit all hardware dies a so death with most a little faster after me

Last edited by gingerbee; November 21, 2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old October 20, 2012, 07:03 PM
Allstar

Read the entire thread, is it generally understood this app is unreliable and maybe avoided?
First run:
Old October 21, 2012, 01:05 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

my point months ago was that people use this app to sell there ssd when it can give a very false reading of what the ssd has left on it that's all