Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 3, 2010, 11:42 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
Hey Chris....just looking in your Specs...you really gotta change that "desky" "foldy" titles dude.......sounds.....hhhmmm...gay ;) ...........not that theirs anything wrong with that btw ....
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that a comment like this is coming from you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by encorp View Post
The last time I said that I got a warning and my second account banned.

Hahaha

it is true though.
You only got a warning for having a second account? Wow...
Old October 4, 2010, 12:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
Somehow it doesn't surprise me that a comment like this is coming from you.

You only got a warning for having a second account? Wow...
Infraction, and account removed.. whatever.. same thing lol
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 4, 2010, 10:24 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Hey Chris....just looking in your Specs...you really gotta change that "desky" "foldy" titles dude.......sounds.....hhhmmm...gay ;) ...........not that theirs anything wrong with that btw ....
No offense Barky.
Fold for team #54196
Old October 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Cheers Chris....

Once again Zero.....lighten up ...get out of the basement, go for a drink talk to a girl...you know ;)

Old October 4, 2010, 07:38 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Cheers Chris....

Once again Zero.....lighten up ...get out of the basement, go for a drink talk to a girl...you know ;)
1. It's all about confidence! Try having the mindset that she is lucky to have someone like you interested in her (whether that's true or not.)

2. Make her laugh. She'll feel more comfortable being with someone who has a nice sense of humor and who makes her laugh often.

3. Work up to that special one when you have had some good results with this process (and feel like it). Having butterflies in the stomach and a catch or shake in your voice is fine; just don't give up or fall back just because it makes you feel shaky. That is actually a sign that she is impressive for you--tell her that she impresses you if you want to. Be prepared to tell "what and why" you notice her to show that you mean it.

4. For the opening line, you can just say "Hello" or "Hi". If you want to be casual, go with HEY. Once you get past that, make her laugh. Don't try too hard - just make her laugh.

5. Compliment her. Make a compliment about her clothes. And don't say them one after the other! Don't say it like "WHOA YOU HAVE SUPER PRETTY EYES" This will scare her off. Just make it seem subtle yet genuine. Say something like "Nice shoes". You can also go with a bit of humor and say something like "Wow your pants look like they fit!". However, that line's probably one of the worst things you can say to a girl and may get you slapped.Try to use humor but think of the possible connotations your words may bring.

6. Get to know her. Ask about her hobbies later on, but first ask about her interests. Keep it simple: "What do you like to watch on TV?" Be not too specific like that. Things that she probably can answer without saying, "I don't know." This will make you seem like you truly care about things and especially about her. Don't just start off asking, "So what are your hobbies?" or any general question like that. You may not necessarily get slapped, but your sure to lose some brownie points.

7. Make sure to keep relaxed eye contact with her (look at one eye and then the other one). Actually listen; smile a little (Don't look around while she's talking.). This may lead to ideas for a date. But be kind of subtle about it.

8. Close the deal at the right time: When you sense that both of you are having a great time, ask for her number. A good line is "Hey, I really enjoyed talking to you; I would love to talk again. Could I have your number?" Or you can just say "Hey ____ (name there), can I have your number?" Add some of your own spice to it.
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in the immediately preceding post are those of encorp and do not reflect the views and/or opinions of family, friends, or anyone remotely associated with encorp unless explicitly stated. encorp does not make any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any liability or responsibility for the quality, factuality or use of information in the immediately preceding post.
Old October 4, 2010, 07:41 PM
Hall Of Fame

I Approved this thread as my best thread ever...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old October 4, 2010, 08:23 PM
Banned
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
I've tried to get out of the basement, but your mom just keeps pulling me back down there...
Old October 4, 2010, 09:09 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
1. It's all about confidence! Try having the mindset that she is lucky to have someone like you interested in her (whether that's true or not.)

2. Make her laugh. She'll feel more comfortable being with someone who has a nice sense of humor and who makes her laugh often.

3. Work up to that special one when you have had some good results with this process (and feel like it). Having butterflies in the stomach and a catch or shake in your voice is fine; just don't give up or fall back just because it makes you feel shaky. That is actually a sign that she is impressive for you--tell her that she impresses you if you want to. Be prepared to tell "what and why" you notice her to show that you mean it.

4. For the opening line, you can just say "Hello" or "Hi". If you want to be casual, go with HEY. Once you get past that, make her laugh. Don't try too hard - just make her laugh.

5. Compliment her. Make a compliment about her clothes. And don't say them one after the other! Don't say it like "WHOA YOU HAVE SUPER PRETTY EYES" This will scare her off. Just make it seem subtle yet genuine. Say something like "Nice shoes". You can also go with a bit of humor and say something like "Wow your pants look like they fit!". However, that line's probably one of the worst things you can say to a girl and may get you slapped.Try to use humor but think of the possible connotations your words may bring.

6. Get to know her. Ask about her hobbies later on, but first ask about her interests. Keep it simple: "What do you like to watch on TV?" Be not too specific like that. Things that she probably can answer without saying, "I don't know." This will make you seem like you truly care about things and especially about her. Don't just start off asking, "So what are your hobbies?" or any general question like that. You may not necessarily get slapped, but your sure to lose some brownie points.

7. Make sure to keep relaxed eye contact with her (look at one eye and then the other one). Actually listen; smile a little (Don't look around while she's talking.). This may lead to ideas for a date. But be kind of subtle about it.

8. Close the deal at the right time: When you sense that both of you are having a great time, ask for her number. A good line is "Hey, I really enjoyed talking to you; I would love to talk again. Could I have your number?" Or you can just say "Hey ____ (name there), can I have your number?" Add some of your own spice to it.
Nah....I always found a bottle of Tequila works a lot faster...... ;)

Zero...my Mom?.......ew.....she's 70 this year, besides she's more into "successful" types that can "afford" her ;) ......actually she an her husband were here for Dinner this evening, of course as I let P95 stress my 980X, I also cut MY back n front lawn, raked some leaves, cleaned out my large Compost area, tidied up my Workshop in the garage, whipped into town to pick-up the Prime Rib steaks from the butcher, then to Fanny Bay Oysters for...of course..Oysters....then to my wifes store to help her set-up her WiFi..........then home...P95 still going..wwhheew...good day indeed!!

Back on topic....my new SSD gets here tomorrow...I remember you were saying how to transfer Steam Apps without downloading, here's what I want to do:
1. Reinstall W7 (no imaging) onto my new SSD
2. Transfer all of my Steam Apps from my WD Black onto my older SSD

So, Install W7 on new SSD, copy my Steam Folder to my other SSD, then transfer my "backed up" "My Documents" data into my fresh W7 My Documents....would this do it?

Cheers ;)

Old October 13, 2010, 10:01 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero82z View Post
SSD cons:

1. They cost an arm and a leg compared to HDs.
2. They provide very little real-world performance benefit outside of boot and login times.

If I were you, I wouldn't get an SSD. It's not worth it.

-An SSD owner
I agree with you to an extent. It conditions weren't such as they were for me, I would not have gotten an SSD. But I do notice a difference in programs etc. It's great for productivity. chrome and my web browsers open literally instantly and I also like to keep a couple slow-loading games on my SSD such as the high-rez pack duke nukem. So all in all very nice improvement but unfortunately, still not worth the cost. That said, I might get an OCZ Onyx for my laptop for $50 when NCIX has another sale on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfanatic View Post
If I'm not mistaken, you have a mobo that uses tri channel memory yet ordered dual channel. See if you can change your order to triple channel.

The 1156 platform uses dual channel, while the 1366 platform uses triple, better, faster, stronger,....hahaha. Anyone old enough to remember the 6 million $ man. Nowadays I refer to that show as the 6$ Dude.

Good luck.
Although triple channel memory is faster, dual channel will still work in most 1366 motherboards, just a bit of manual reading to find the configurations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkultra View Post
one of the main thing about SSD is the noiseless experience, OS' HDD constantly seeking is now gone for good
And it is such a relief. I no longer need to worry about disabling overnight updates and stuff. Really nice if you sleep with your computer

And wow this is a long thread. With some your mom jokes too.

So CTA, how's the SSD?
Old October 13, 2010, 08:05 PM
Hall Of Fame

no asus (backorder for a week) no case (still undecided) no cpu block (its on the way) = no computer yet... :\
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.