Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 11, 2007, 02:44 PM
Rookie

Default lowest read speed with cd bremse

Could a couple guys with newer sata(or pata) drives please do a quick test for me?I need to know which drive has the lowest read speed setting available for cd's and dvd's using cd bremse.I have a superquiet pc and need to find a superquiet burner for playback.I'm not fussy at all on the burning speeds or option.
Old December 13, 2007, 06:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by way View Post
Could a couple guys with newer sata(or pata) drives please do a quick test for me?I need to know which drive has the lowest read speed setting available for cd's and dvd's using cd bremse.I have a superquiet pc and need to find a superquiet burner for playback.I'm not fussy at all on the burning speeds or option.
Ok I have to ask it. Why does it matter if it's 'super quiet' or not?
Old December 14, 2007, 08:08 PM
Rookie

For watching movies and listening to cd's late at night(low volume) without the squeel,whoosh or whine of a playback device.I love all things audio!
Old January 30, 2008, 01:40 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Hey way.....lol

Thx for your PM. I have had trouble downloading CD Bremse, so I couldn't really tell you what the lowest settings are in that program....but I could tell you that my CM690 case fans are almost louder than this drive! Only while spinning up it makes a little more noise, however it seems ASUS did a great job trying to lower its sound levels....

Hope this helps a little...
Old January 30, 2008, 08:50 PM
Rookie

Thanks for the reply Prof.Dr.Silver ,

My wd500gig(suspended) is the loudest component on my quad when underclocked,hehe.Its all madness when tracking down components to silence a computer for everyday use(music,movies,surfing), but worth it.If this drive really is silent I'll be so happy!

Heres a link for cd bremse :
Download CD Throttle 1.48 Free Trial - A very useful utility to set timeouts or limit the CD-ROM maximum reading speed - Softpedia

For those who want a silent(and powerful) computer but dont know where to start,this(Canadian?)site is the authority on quietude
silentpcreview.com | Everything about Silent / Quiet Computers

Last edited by way; January 31, 2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: updated link