Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 25, 2010, 07:51 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

OWC have a very strong base in the Apple arena. So the chances of them going under are slim. They have apparently paid for the same unhobbled firmware as OCZ gets....but I will believe that when I see credible reports.

TBH RAID'ing SF drives is not a great idea. Get one. See if it is fast enough for you. If it isn't....THEN get a second one. BUT it is better to get the biggest one you can afford rather then two smaller ones. ;)

TBH....Id take a OCZ Vertex 2 over the OWC offerings not because of firmware....but because of support. OCZ has great support with peeps whose background is in PC's and not "apples".

YMMV

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 25, 2010, 01:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Cool thanks for the info. Good point indeed.