Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 15, 2010, 05:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Weird SSD behaviour

so over the last couple of months something weird has been happening every now and then and was wondering if any one else has experienced this. i am currently running 5 intel 40GB SSD's in a raid 5 volume as my boot drive. everynow and then windows become unrepsonsive and i have to do a hard reset. when windows returns the intel storage matrix software reports it is verifying and rebuilding yet the bios check lists all disks as healthy. is this something i should be worried about. Also if it is something i should be worried should i be able to just clone the ssd volume to a regular drive and boot off that without reinstalling. here is the rest of the config.

intel core i7 930
asus p6x58d premium
5x intel 40 gb ssd
2x wd 1tb sata III
12GB corsair ddr3
corsair hx750w
xfx hd5770 CF
Old August 15, 2010, 05:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

All clocks stock? If not, I'd start there. If they are, then try running MemTest and see how that pans out. I kind of doubt the SSDs/RAID5 are causing the hard-locks.

I don't know if you can clone a RAID5 array to a single disk. Perhaps, but I've never tried so I can't say for certain. You should be able to do a full backup/image though (Windows Backup or Acronis TrueImage), but it wouldn't be immediately bootable until restored I believe.
Old August 15, 2010, 05:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

everything is stock in terms of clocks. i haven't had any blue screens either so i don't think the ram is the culprit. i also haven't had any games unexpectedly crash recently.