Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 1, 2010, 05:09 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Default SATA PATA adapter issue

Guys I have a unique problem. I'm going to be using removable HD trays in my new system and they will work fine for a few older PATA drives. But for 2 newer SATA drives I hope to get SATA/PATA adapters and molex to SATA power adapters that will fit inside the removable trays.

So far I think I can find products for the power that are small enough, but nothing that will fit behind the drives, in the tray, for the data. If anybody knows of something small enough, that will save me having to buy SATA removable trays.

Thanx in advance for any input anyone may have,

Mac
Old August 1, 2010, 05:32 PM
Banned
F@H

ive seen i ndells and compaqs short arse sata cabled, but even those will be a bee wax to fit in there. not so much for the cable, but for the connector itself. i sugest you go ahead and either drill some spaces or get a newtray system.