Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2010, 05:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default I love free stuff

So i love working in IT. I was able to score a free SAS raid card. Now it can't do anything fancy like raid 5. (raid 0, 1 and 1e) but it was free so i can't complain. It's a LSI SAS3082E-R i got it since we upgraded the backplane in our exchange server at work and the upgrade pack comes with a new controller and since we have no use for it at work i get to keep it :).

I did some research and this looks like the perfect solution to my issue of attaching ungodly amounts of HDD for use in a WHS. I am think i can add it to my current system and if works add another 8 drives so i can get my drive capacity up to 15 in my current 4u case.

I just thought i would share this. Should anyone else be interested i only have the 1 but from what i can tell they go for quite cheap on ebay usually around the 110-120 mark.