Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2010, 05:44 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagath View Post
Looks to me like trim IS being passed with the MS drivers. You're getting approximately 100/120/8 writes clean and dirty with the MS driver, and only 50/45/8 writes with the AMD AHCI driver. This puts it to rest in my mind with this particular chipset of AMD's. What AMD chipset is this with for the record?

Awesome work Jay. Hopefully we can refer to this thread the next time this pops up. Thanks so much for your hard work!
Np kept me busy and i got to learn more , found another problem along the way to..lol
the chipset is 785G/SB710 on this board ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO and M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 Motherboards Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
Great work jay, should help out those with AMD.

But I do have one question, why still using CDM 1? They are up to version 3 now. I'm not sure if it would make a difference or not with results but I think that is the version most people are using. Actually does anyone know if there are any differences with regards to results with version 1 - 3 of CDM?
i just grabbed a copy off the net, im so unorganized...lol..no idea which one is better..

"Be so good at what you do that you cant be ignored"