Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Vertex 2 Extended drives

Quick question,

I noticed today that while looking for a OCZ Vertex 2 100GB on NCIX I could not find one, but they do have a bunch of Vertex 2 extended drives, 90, 120, 160, etc.

I'm just wondering are these the same as the Vertex 2 100GB you guys tested here, just with a little extra space? Did they just stop the “over-provisioning” to give it the extra 20GB?

I'm going to be sending out for a quote for 2 systems and I would like to go with the Vertex 2 drives, but just need to know whether or not they are basically the same as was tested here.

Thanks

Old July 21, 2010, 10:33 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Basically the same. The only real difference is the amount of free blocks available for replacement as cells die. Other then that....no big huge difference.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Cool that was the answer I was looking for.

Thanks much

Old July 21, 2010, 12:35 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I have the 120GB Vertex 2. Works wonderfully

No issues to report thus far. Still zipping along.