Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 6, 2010, 10:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Raid 5 recovery software

I need some suggestions on data recovery software that can be used on a failed raid 5 array. The controller is a highpoint 2300. It would prefereable if it were a bootcd variant as it won't install the drivers for the controller in windows as it causes windows to hang.
Old July 6, 2010, 01:37 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'd recommend this software: RAID Reconstructor - Recover Data from a Broken RAID Array

It's saved my RAID0 in the past. Though you'll have to buy it to actually do any recovery. Trial lets you know if it'll work though. If I recall, you'll also need GetDataBack NTFS too, so it gets pricey.
Old July 6, 2010, 03:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
I'd recommend this software: RAID Reconstructor - Recover Data from a Broken RAID Array

It's saved my RAID0 in the past. Though you'll have to buy it to actually do any recovery. Trial lets you know if it'll work though. If I recall, you'll also need GetDataBack NTFS too, so it gets pricey.
thanks i will have to check this out. in terms of it being pricey it's not too bad. around $180 for both softwares and they can be run from winpe/bartspe
Old July 8, 2010, 06:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i have been very impressed with the suggested software. For anyone else considering this software they have a bundle right now that includes all of their software for 180 USD. which is a pretty good deal considering the raid recovery and getdataback ntfs is 180.
Old July 8, 2010, 03:27 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

Was it complicated to use? I do suppose you recovered all your date

Might be a useful tool to have handy