Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2010, 08:59 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Default USB 3.0 & the Corsair Voyager GTR: A Match Made in Heaven?

When we first tested Corsair's Voyager GTR, we found it to be limited by the USB 2.0 interface. This didn't stop it from becoming the fastest flash drive we have ever tested but the nagging question persisted: what happens if you plug this USB 2.0 drive into a next-generation USB 3.0 interface? In this testing update, we find out....

[ Read full article ]
Old June 14, 2010, 04:24 AM
Banned

Well TBH I was hoping for a bigger increase personally but still a great "D"-Drive.

Thanks for the Update!!!! Was looking forward to it.

Still gonna wait for the USB3 version....and yes I agree with you.....it is SATA3 and not 6g.
Old June 14, 2010, 08:07 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I was hoping for greater speeds. I do realize that this is immature hardware at the moment so it would not be fair to be too critical.
Fold for team #54196
Old June 15, 2010, 03:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice to know, thanks!
If I get a USB 3.0 add-on card or motherboard, I'll remember to use all my storage devices in the 3.0 ports. I wonder if HDTune will report a higher "burst" rate on the USB 3.0?
<continues hoping for easily available 8 GB USB 3.0 sticks before my current DataTraveller breaks in two>