LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 13, 2010, 12:23 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Nova 32gb is $99 right now.

The Vertex 60gb is $139

.... and it seems the budget priced Intel is off sale now...

What should I do? I know nothing about these drives yet...!
The Vertex is a good bargain but the rebate is YMMV.

I suggest looking into Intel's lineup if you have a bit more money: Newegg.ca - Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2M080G2XXX 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - SSD

Free shipping and one of the best total performing drives available at this pricepoint.
Old May 13, 2010, 12:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well it's more about cost than size of drive, as i posted in a different thread

30gb is all I'll need... but there is a pretty tight budget. Best bang for the buck applies here....
Old May 13, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The Nova is a mid tier Indilinx SSD. 120/128GB is the sweet spot for all Indi drives. The 60/64GB is slightly slower then the 128 and the 30/32's are slower still. The Vertex is a FULL speed Indilinx (so not only will it be faster then a Nova 64 its will be noticeably faster then a Nova 32). The 60GB Vertex is a good drive, the Intel V is just plain better at some things and worse at others. IF it came down to a Nova or Vertex Id pick the Vertex every time. IF came down to a Vertex 60 or a Intel V 40GB for basically the same price....Id prolly take the Vertex. BUT it would a tough call...and I would be willing to give up some small file speed (ok a lot) for more room and (a LOT) better mid and high end numbers. THIS assumes you are OK with MIR's. I personally hate the SOBs....but thats just me.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr