Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10, 2010, 02:12 PM
Rookie

Default Restore Windows7 backup from SSD to HD

Hey Everyone, just looking for some advice on this.

I currently have a Windows7 machine using a OCZ Agility 60gig SSD. It does backups to a WD 2.0tb green drive using the built in Windows7 backup.

I have built a new computer and want to move the SSD to my new PC. I plan on formatting it and installing Windows7 again. The old PC will be for my parents, so I was wondering if I can just use the backup which was created from the SSD and put it on a WD Black 640 without any problems?

I found lots of threads talking about restoring from HD -> SSD but nothing going from SSD -> HD. Just seeing if anyone has done this yet?

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

you can go both ways if you like he he. ssd are just storage device's the computer does not no or care how it stores the data.

Tags
backup , ssd restore , windows7