Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 19, 2010, 02:58 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scruff View Post
Just got an email from OCZ and they said not to worry about it if the drive seems to be running properly, the say that AS doesn't always read the drive properly

AS cant properly read alignment in XP (the author of it has said numerous times to upgrade from XP to a newer OS if you are using a SSD). It should do it in win 7.

BUT as I said earlier in another thread dont rely on 3rd party software...use Diskpart to check it. It WILL tell you the alignment of your drive. AS SSD is a quick n dirty way of checking. Think of it as a good early warning sys. With diskpart being the full diagnostics. Diskpart is never wrong. IF diskpart tells you one thing and AS says something else...trust diskpart.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 19, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya see i trusted as ssd but my problem is that some times when I use any cloning or back up software that says it works just fine with ssd it only randomly works to keep the offset right. which is a major problem. I normal use diskpart but that's what i mean the 7 backup section offset is wrong where install of the os is fine? what's up with that.

The really weird thing is that i can use a cloned disk that offset is wrong and sometimes it will correct it when put on to on ssd from a spinner with no explanation
Old April 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
AS cant properly read alignment in XP (the author of it has said numerous times to upgrade from XP to a newer OS if you are using a SSD). It should do it in win 7.

BUT as I said earlier in another thread dont rely on 3rd party software...use Diskpart to check it. It WILL tell you the alignment of your drive. AS SSD is a quick n dirty way of checking. Think of it as a good early warning sys. With diskpart being the full diagnostics. Diskpart is never wrong. IF diskpart tells you one thing and AS says something else...trust diskpart.
DiskParT also said that my SSD was out of alignment 31K , I don't know what to believe but I am almost finished doing a complete reinstall and so far AS say's good to go . I will post new bench in a while , see if it makes any difference
Old April 19, 2010, 04:52 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IF Dispar or dispart says its wrong....its wrong. What does dispart say now on the new install?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
IF Dispar or dispart says its wrong....its wrong. What does dispart say now on the new install?
Diskpart now says 1024 K , I added screen shots with MSAHCI drivers and Intel drivers. I hope thats the end of that fun . Crystal Diskmark seems to give a lot more favorable numbers than AS

PS can anyone tell me how to save a screenshot of Crystal Diskmark (can't for the life of me figure out how)

CrystalDiskMark 3.0 x64 (C) 2007-2010 hiyohiyo
Crystal Dew World : Crystal Dew World
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
* MB/s = 1,000,000 byte/s [SATA/300 = 300,000,000 byte/s]
Sequential Read : 252.274 MB/s
Sequential Write : 173.204 MB/s
Random Read 512KB : 185.033 MB/s
Random Write 512KB : 161.882 MB/s
Random Read 4KB (QD=1) : 31.488 MB/s [ 7687.4 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=1) : 10.121 MB/s [ 2470.9 IOPS]
Random Read 4KB (QD=32) : 71.226 MB/s [ 17389.1 IOPS]
Random Write 4KB (QD=32) : 10.063 MB/s [ 2456.8 IOPS]
Test : 1000 MB [C: 64.3% (76.7/119.2 GB)] (x5)
Date : 2010/04/19 17:07:24
Attached Images

Old April 19, 2010, 07:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ctrl + alt + prt scr button when clicked on crystal diskmark.
Old April 19, 2010, 07:28 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
ctrl + alt + prt scr button when clicked on crystal diskmark.
Thanks gingerbee , I think I tried every other combination in the world never thought of that