Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17, 2010, 09:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Benchmark of Kingston SSDNow V-Series

So I just picked up a Kingston SSDNow V-Series 128GB drive. This is the SNV425-S2BD/128GB.

I just cloned my old drive onto this one so it is vary far from a "clean install"

Here are the numbers I have gotten compared to my very old 200GB Maxtor.

HD Tach

Maxtor 200GB

Kingston SSD

CrystalDiskMark

Maxtor 200GB

Kingston SSD

Small File Transfer (1.31GB, 1892 files, 33 folders)

In seconds lower is better

Large File Transfer (Single 4.36GB .mkv file)

In seconds lower is better

File Transfers to Itself

In seconds, lower is better

Logon Time (Taken from moment password is entered until Everest splash screen goes away, last thing to finish loading)

So all in all one hell of a change and really not that bad performance for what could be called a value SSD drive. I know I'm pleased.

Adding another benchmark AS SSD, which has made me aware of an issue I have that looks like I will have to redo my OS anyways.

Last edited by ipaine; April 17, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old April 18, 2010, 08:35 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

overall I'm impressed by those benches. That a good increase from the last generation, which I had up til a few weeks ago. I wouldn't hesitate recommending it to someone looking for a budget ssd.
Old April 18, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

They definitely are a great bang for your buck SSD. I too recommend them to peeps looking for an inexpensive yet good introductory SSD. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 18, 2010, 09:13 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm going to redo those, most if not all of them, once I get the offset issue taken care of. Then I will be able to see how much of a difference it makes.

Oh and for those wondering the drive only cost me $272 and that was the desktop bundle with 2.5" to 3.5" adapter. Not too bad for a 128GB SSD.

Old April 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

very very nice numbers thanks