Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8, 2010, 01:03 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Question Not to start a new SSD topic but OCZ Agility vs V Series Gen II

ncix as the OCZ Agility Indilinx 60GB for 165$ plus a 25$MIR(witch brings it down to 140$ witch isn't bad)

was wondering what are the cencus on the Agility drives compared to the SSDNow V Series Gen II(64g at 147$)

was wondering what you guys think of the OCZ drive, i realy would like to buy a SSD ither this week-end or next week(or befor those specials go out) with a price point of 170$(max budget before shipping and taxes) or if you guys have a suggestion that i dint notice.

My Boinc Stats
Old April 8, 2010, 01:12 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The Agility is what I would chose by a hair. The Indilinx is a great controller, with a VERY mature firmware. Whereas the JM618 based SSDNow V is a very decent value drive, but its small r/w are not all that hot from what Ive seen.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old April 8, 2010, 01:24 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

well then i might just end up ordering it today... (now that my CC is empty )

My Boinc Stats
Old April 8, 2010, 08:43 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
The Agility is what I would chose by a hair. The Indilinx is a great controller, with a VERY mature firmware. Whereas the JM618 based SSDNow V is a very decent value drive, but its small r/w are not all that hot from what Ive seen.

Damn, you are good with the SSD knowledge, everytime i read one of your comments i have to agree. Although i don't think the more server oriented tests are indicitive of the overall desktop performance one might expect... given the close proximity of asking prices i would have to go for the OCZ as well, although i hate their MIR's.
Old April 9, 2010, 09:36 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

yeah AKG is on point

yeah the 25$ MIR on that drive is messed up, its only saying 20 instead of 25(not a big deal thought)

with any dam luck ncix will ship it today(not holding my breath on that one, they are always slow as with my orders and also ordered a few more R4 fans and a noctua fan so that will take time)

cant wait to give the drive a try.

i just reinstalled windows 7 5 days ago, do you guys think i could just clone my drive over to the SSD or fresh install again? was gona try to clone it over and use the reg edit thing ive read about.(i still need to do more research on that first)

My Boinc Stats
Old April 9, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well,

For what it's worht, I bought my OCZ SSD 3 weeks ago and I follwed the instruction in reference with the MIR, sent my MIR form and I already received confirmation that they received the form, acknowledged the rebate and sent it to processing department.
Not bad! My 120GB Vertex costs $299 if I factor-in the MIR. I'M glad I bought it. Now this week at NCIX, it's at $269 after MIR!!! Nice!
Like AkG said (yes, he's the SSD god) Agility over Kingston SSDnow.
The only Kingston I would consider are the SSDnow V+. The V+ is a lot better than the regular, but also pricey.

So Agility for $139.99!!! You'll get your MIR...
i7 4770K @ 4.5GHz / Corsair H100i / Maximus VI HERO / 8GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP 1.5V 1866 / N560GTX Ti Twin FROZR II OC / Corsair Performance Pro 128GB SSD / Intel 520 120GB SSD / WD Black 640 GB storage

ROG G53SX laptop: i7 2630QM / 12GB DDR3 / GTX560m 2GB / 750GB 7200rpm (14 000 3Dmarks06)