Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2010, 09:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

A bit late, but this should be the perfect solution for the OP.

NCIX.com - Buy Lian Li HD-H32 2.5IN to 3.5IN Converter Drive SSD Adapter Black Aluminum for Lian Li Hot Swap Bay - HD-H32 In Canada.
Old April 20, 2010, 10:57 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Looks exactly like what CM wanted. $30 though, oof
Old April 21, 2010, 07:58 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockClocker View Post
I'm actually in a similar predicament and was hopeful the OCZ adapter would be a cheap solution. However, it lacks the bottom 3.5" mounting holes so it may or may not work with your drive rails. This is should definitely work though, albeit at 2-3 times the cost:
Newegg.ca - ICY DOCK MB882SP-1S-2B SSD & SATA Hard Drive Converter - HDD Accessories
I have the ocz adapter and it should work for a hot swap bay ( at least it did on my server) The Corsair 800D case you can just fasten the 2.5" drive right onto the hotswap carrier and plug it in.
Old January 30, 2013, 08:32 AM
Trial Member

Exclamation Late answer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Hello storage gurus! A quick question for you guys:
Eventually I'll have to hop in the SSD bandwagon, and when I do I want to make sure that my SSDs will slide neatly into place in my cases Sata hotswap backplane. Can anyone suggest a good tray or adapter that will make this quick and painless? It also needs to use the standard 3.5'' holes so that the quick rails still fit. Thanks in advance everyone!
Any adaptor with an edge on the power side of conectors wont fit.

If you put a 2.5 drive on top of a 3.5 drive you will see that the edge of drive must be perfectly aligned for the SAS/SATA conectors to align.

So the 2.5 to 3.5 adaptor should look like something with only 3 screws and asymetric* design to fit the 3.5 part in the backplane tray then the 2.5 drive should be screwed by the botom in the 3.5 adaptor.

*The important part is the 2.5 to 2.5 adaptor must have no side edge on the power conector side of the 2.5 drive, there could be an edge but only where the 2.5 drive end so it dont create a 0.5mm gap.

Else you rely on these kind of adaptors made by WD and Toshiba:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...ty,2760-3.html

Good luck.