Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Woot, got my SSD!

Bought a Retail 80g SSD from Intel (X-25M G2). Installed windows on it, checked the FW, was 02HA, installed 02HD and did a test vs my WD 1TB (green HDD), just wanted to express my joy, somewhere ;)

Old March 26, 2010, 07:24 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Enjoy! SSD changes things for sure.
Fold for team #54196
Old March 29, 2010, 06:50 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default I got mine too!!

I had a 500G Seagate Barracuda pack it in last last week so I took the opportunity to update my storage and drives to a 1Tb WD Caviar Black to replace the 'Cuda and pick up a Kingston 64G SSD as a boot drive.

Man those SSD are wicked fast! Win7 installed super fast, just under 17min and boots and shutdowns are so quick now.

Everbody dance now!
Old March 29, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

just got my SSD's as well. Here are my results.

not really fair since i have 4 of them running in Raid. but still that's on the onboard intel controller on the p5q pro. not to shabby.
Old March 29, 2010, 09:36 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I recently got on the SSD wagon as well, Kingston gen 2 64 GB, TRIM support but no NCQ, so it's not a benchmark queen, still pretty snappy compared to my spindle drives, got a new one of those as well Hitachi 1 TB.

Just ran a couple of benchmarks for comparison.

Windows 7 64 Bit.

SSD.

Hitachi.

Old March 30, 2010, 08:10 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I have a Crucial RealSSD C300 256GB and an Asus U3S6 staring at me right now just waiting for me to finnish my marathon Murdermod. Cant wait to put that thing through the paces to see if I want another one or just get a Sandforce drive to boot and use the Crucial as a destination drive for transcoding. Either way should be pretty slick.

If nothing else it should helf inspire me to finnish this beotch
Old March 31, 2010, 04:31 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

It's real tempting for me to get a SSD as well. It makes so much sense for the thing to be a boot drive...

Currently, the cost/GB of SSDs are about the price of 7200rpm 3.5" during 2001-2002. Things are moving very, very quickly!
Old March 31, 2010, 05:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

this is great so many people getting on the ssd bandwagon very cool. thank for the benchmarks lcdguy and everyone
Old March 31, 2010, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Yeah SSD+8gig ram (no Pagefile) = Joy! :)

My 2nd 5850 shipped yesterday after 2 weeks of waiting (B/O) so Joy Again. Still i wish i had the money to get me a 160G SSD so i could install all my games that i play right now (takes about got about 6-8 games installed) ;) Maybe later in the year. Now the only thing i'll need to buy next is to follow videocard tech ;)

My ultimate goal would be to by a Blu-ray Writer or Reader, dump my ISO movies on it, and use it also as a Bluray Media Server. Since i'am connected to my projector in HDMI and i have a receiver that decode the new HD audio codec, it can be done...
Old March 31, 2010, 11:20 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryoohki View Post
Yeah SSD+8gig ram (no Pagefile) = Joy! :)

My 2nd 5850 shipped yesterday after 2 weeks of waiting (B/O) so Joy Again. Still i wish i had the money to get me a 160G SSD so i could install all my games that i play right now (takes about got about 6-8 games installed) ;) Maybe later in the year. Now the only thing i'll need to buy next is to follow videocard tech ;)

My ultimate goal would be to by a Blu-ray Writer or Reader, dump my ISO movies on it, and use it also as a Bluray Media Server. Since i'am connected to my projector in HDMI and i have a receiver that decode the new HD audio codec, it can be done...
Do that very same thing on my HTPC. I have 3x30G Vertex in it and want to have another SSD for ultra fast transcoding to .mkv.