Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 26, 2010, 08:34 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

LOL at tech support forum. Always take those people with a grain of salt. I was one of the first to have a 3RL Xbox 360 and for Months, Support people would told me that there's no such problem etc etc.. even 2 days after MS officially recognise the problem, they told me it was my fault.. LOL!
Old March 26, 2010, 08:37 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Usually I'd agree with you....but Intel is usually very good about things like that. (Still hoping Intel TS was wrong but.....I doubt it)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 27, 2010, 05:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup intel tends to be on the ball with what they say so i think it still to be seen but i have my doubts
Old March 27, 2010, 07:04 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have the old Kingston SSD in my computer now, with the Jmicron (I think ) controller. I've loved it, but I've bit the bullet and got a Intel X25-M 80GB 34NM Postville for 234.99 with price match from NCIX. I'm going to toss my old ssd in my lappy and the intel in my computer, maybe....I'll have to think about that. Anyway will I see a huge difference going from the kingston to the intel or will it be more suttle?
Old March 27, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Going from a JM602 controlled SSDnow V gen 1 to a X25m gen 2.....is HUGE. The 602s were decent kit, but you are literally going from a last gen unit to one of the best current gen units (though one can argue that the Sandforce is now advent of the NEW "current gen" and the X25 & Barefoot is now the "old gen" and the JM602 is old,old gen). I wont say it will be "night and day" huge BUT the big dif is the speed bump you get will be permanent. X25m g2s have trim and thus never get the st-st-st-st-st-stutters like the old JM's did (the new JM612 and 618 DONT stutter either but are still less powerful than the Intel). At the price the X25M is now selling for it is one DAMN GOOD VALUE. It probably is no longer the big kid on the block but it still is a beast. You'll love it and I doubt you WONT notice the dif. Might even make you go "wow!". But at the very least it will make you feel that you got your money's worth ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr