Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17, 2010, 09:09 AM
Top Prospect

Default Raid Problem

hi everyone,

my friend just bought a new i5 setup with a asus p7p55-m mobo with 2 WD 500gb black. i am supposed to build him a raid0 array. i am used to build raid array on mobo's that have native raid support and configure the raid before windows installation, but it seems that the p7p55-m doesnt work that way and i cannot find the option to enter the raid configuration page. in the bios the sata is configure as Raid. i am supposed to install windows 7 on the raid0. what do i do? is this normal that this motherboard doesnt have a raid configuration option in the boot process? if so can i install windows7 on one disk and then apply the Raid after installation?
Old March 17, 2010, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

an intel southbridge just tap ctrl+I just after first post fro the raid disk setup then set your sata to raid and start your setup as normal i have not needed any raid drivers for intel chipsets in a while
Old March 17, 2010, 04:53 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
an intel southbridge just tap ctrl+I just after first post fro the raid disk setup then set your sata to raid and start your setup as normal i have not needed any raid drivers for intel chipsets in a while
thx gingerbee, it worked. What's odd about this mobo is that the Ctrl + I message doesnt appear and trust me i rebooted and looked carefully the screen several times it just wasnt there so i thought that this mobo didnt have the option. Even in the mobo instruction manual nowhere it specified how to create an array during boot and with all other mobo i worked with it was specified in the manuals

thx
Old March 17, 2010, 05:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

no problem i have notice on some boards they just seem to forget it in the manual and when the raid does not even show up during post any more you just have to hit it on some boards but glad it work out.