Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 14, 2010, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default people's thoughts on ssd and virtual pc's

Well i started running some more virtual pc's for just folding and noticed that they tend to write a little more then i thought they would. any thought on this should i watch out for this or not?
Old March 14, 2010, 11:54 AM
Top Prospect

Any particular reason you're actually hosting the VMs on the SSD itself? You won't see huge benefits if any at all if you're just folding - it may save quicker and read quicker from the disk, but that's about it.
Old March 14, 2010, 11:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

because they might as well be on it lots of room and my hdd is accessed way to much to be putting any more for it to do.
edit that and last time i checked there was no way to run/intall a vm from ram unless i am missing something here?
Old March 14, 2010, 12:26 PM

My System Specs

I've been running my F@H SMP VMWare client on SSD's since I started folding. No issues here, however I really don't care how how often I write to the drive.
Old March 14, 2010, 12:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ya i am not really worried about it at all just got me thinking and wondering what people think considering that a lot of servers run vm's and ssd.