Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 27, 2010, 10:03 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default gskill wiper

ok i have used the ocz wiper to clean my a-data's but now i have tried to clean my falcons using gskill wiper ( the disk is on disko but there only storage ) all that happens is the window pops up real quick then closes.
My question is has anyone gotten this to work on storage drives and not just with an os on it. all my os's are 64 bit any help or advice.
p.s oh i tried to run the ocz wiper too no joy
Old January 27, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

are you using a system with a HDD as your OS drive? I've run the wiper (they are all the same) on many Indi's as data drives....but only when the OS drive was NOT a SSD. If you OS is a SSD you may have to yank the Indi and put it in another HDD based system.
What firmware are you running? IF it is the latest GSkill, trim is in it, ITGC and wiper.exe support were removed so THAT may be the reason it is not working.
Does the wiper program do anything or say anything? IE does it do a 0 -100 count like the speed of light fast or is it just not finding your ssd?

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 27, 2010, 10:24 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i am running the newest firmware 1819 and yes i have an warp v2 as the os drive. it just flashes up on the screen and then gone does not say anything. I will be flashing back to 1571 soon. so itgc and wiper where removed from 1819? thank for the help akg.
thinking it's just because i have firmware that does not support it
Old January 27, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I'm not 100% sure (so I may be wrong) but it is my understanding that along with ITGC they yanked wiper.exe Something to do with it occasionally bricking drives as a trim call was being performed at the same time or some such (cant remember). Basically, once 1.5 hits all this will be a bad yet very distant memory as it will have BOTH ITGC and TRIM in the same firmware. So yeah, Id flash back to 1571 (a faster firmware anyways) and wait for 1.5 :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old January 27, 2010, 10:53 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

got it , you were right it was the firmware thank akg. back to 1571 for now