LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 15, 2010, 07:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perineum View Post
Hell, I just about spit up my dinner all over my monitor from that comment
HeHe, sorry bout that.
I must admit, if they work on the software and make it stable, its a really nice idea and overdrive has some amazing options for being run within windows, and I guess considering this its not a big surprise that it can be rather unstable.
And it didn't hurt anything, just the software crashed frequently...obviously a software crash during modification of your raid array might not be a very good thing.
So, from what I've learned so far, I'm thinking I'll just get a raid card without the processor for the extra sata ports?
These vary in price quite alot too..I'm not rich, but I would much rather buy quality then crap...I haven't 100% decided yet, but 4-500$ is quite a chunk of change to just experiment and learn.
Maybe if I get some unexpected cash or have a friend with a spare raid controller I'll jump in..but till then.
Thanks for all your input guys and I'll keep reading, like I said I'm interested in learning more about this. Now that I've got a basic raid setup I can't figure out why I didn't look into it years ago.