Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 1, 2009, 04:45 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffeemen View Post
Thanks, but what i was asking is how do you capture the image for CrystakDiskMark.
With the window that you want to capture, ctrl + alt + prt scr. Then paste it in paint program, save the file in JPG.

Last edited by Garu; December 1, 2009 at 04:54 PM.
Old December 1, 2009, 11:49 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garu View Post
With the window that you want to capture, ctrl + alt + prt scr. Then paste it in paint program, save the file in JPG.
Thank you for the info

You convince me to get two Velociraptor
Old December 2, 2009, 06:14 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Ah well, these online forums are dangerous place.
But 2 x Velociraptors are lots of joy. I hope you receive your drives soon and do some comparison tests with my setup.
Old December 2, 2009, 06:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

just press print screen there no need for Ctrl or Alt and then paste in paint. and for the cost of a vraptor you can get a good ssd. fyi
Old December 2, 2009, 06:41 AM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Ctrl and Alt will copy only the window that you want, that way you don't need to edit anything.
SSDs are good and kill Velociraptor in performance but I don't think the cost is still not at where general population may consider for one.
Old December 2, 2009, 07:24 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
for the cost of a vraptor you can get a good ssd. fyi
I know SsD is fast but for the same amount of storage it will cost 3 to 4 times the price
Old December 2, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

NCIX.com - Buy G.SKILL Falcon II 64GB Indilinx Eco 2.5IN SATA2 Solid State Disk Flash Drive SSD W/ 64MB Buffer - FM-25S2I-64GBF2 In Canada.
vs
NCIX.com - Buy Western Digital Velociraptor WD1500HLFS 150GB SATA 10000RPM 5.5MS 16MB Cache 3.5IN Hard Drive OEM - WD1500HLFS In Canada.
jmo but there no choice for me
EDIT looking at the prices even if you spend more for the 300gb vraptor hell that's a intel ssd
Old December 2, 2009, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

well you shouldn't be using ssd for storage any way get 1 good ssd then the rest hd ( used many a raptor they don't hold a candle to a good ssd )
Old December 2, 2009, 07:47 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I bought 2 Vraptor 300GB from Newegg for 188.99 each, this is cheaper than a 150GB from Ncix for 209.00 and it will write faster than one SSD
Old December 2, 2009, 07:52 AM
Banned
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
well you shouldn't be using ssd for storage any way get 1 good ssd then the rest hd ( used many a raptor they don't hold a candle to a good ssd )

Itís since yesterday , Iím thinking if I gone get those raptor at very good prices. I make some research, and yes 2 raptor in raid 0 , are close to the SSD in real situation.

My problem is the non sense to have 600 gb in raid 0 only for the OS . If I go with this solution I will make a 60 gb partition in the outside portion of the drives. The rest of the drive is useless , if you put something there, you lost the effect of keeping the OS in the fastest place on the drive ( the outside) .

I can use 4 of my 36 GB raptor to achieve the same , but itís give a load of 3.5 % on the CPU .

SO this morning Iím here, do
1- I buy $ 400 of raptor , that I know will perform the same, but with no hassle for 5 years,
Or
2- I use that money to buy 2 * 30 gb vertex and put them in raid 0 , and use the 640 black in raid 0 for the games.
Or
3- I use 4 small raptor and lost CPU efficiency