Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 8, 2009, 01:35 AM
Rookie

Default Can't Find the Drive? Newbie

Hey there.

I recently built this rig beside me a few weeks ago.

I bought one HD for OS & programs, the other for storage (music, pictures and video).

I installed Windows 7 onto one of them (the drive with the assignment 0, the other was assigned 1), and I guess I assumed the other would be treated as storage drive. I'm still learning eh.

I think I can find it and have seen it in bios set up. I see two identical ATA drives in the device manager under "Disk Drives". But when I go to my computer, the second drive is obviously not there for me to move things to.

I have 2 WD Caviar Blacks. I'd really like to start downloading some music and set up my external for mirroring.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by CV2010; November 8, 2009 at 01:39 AM. Reason: just tidy up
Old November 8, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

start menu. right click and go to manage and then it will open a new window. now go to disk management. it should be there
Old November 8, 2009, 09:05 AM
Banned
F@H

And when you find it there,, initialize it.. After you make the partitioning and formatting there is a lot of post in many forum about this, may be someone can make a sticky on own install a second drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbee View Post
start menu. right click and go to manage and then it will open a new window. now go to disk management. it should be there
Old November 8, 2009, 04:45 PM
Rookie

Default Thanks

Hey guys.

I checked the first 3 pages of this forums section, and did a search, but I couldnt query specifically enough I guess. Too many topics.

I also checked the whole guides section.

My drive is up and running, I'm currently downloading to a directory now. Thanks for the fast and clear instruction.

Cesar.