Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2009, 09:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default well windows 7 can blow

well i have just found something that really ******* you can't use 2 of them same ssd because it will confuse the 2 as the same drive ( running 7 with all updates )
so i unplug the warp with nothing on it to find i can't boot anymore what the hell. there nothing on it but because i formatted with it in there i am screwed. why i am not surprised at this because it micro shi$t to the rescue because i have to reformat
am i the only one have to play the refresh page game to get it to come up

Last edited by Soultribunal; November 6, 2009 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Language
Old November 6, 2009, 09:11 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Are you sure this is the case? Even though there was nothing on it, that drive could have still been set as the primary boot drive.
Old November 6, 2009, 09:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes i am sure i have played around with it for a while it was not even seen in the os until i set it up because it is show up as the same drive. I have tried even to repair it no go.
I guess i change hardware to much for 7
p.s how can a primary boot dive have nothing on it and still boot? even with the other drive out?
Old November 6, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

so what your saying i have to play it safe using 7 cause it likes to hide files ( more ms crap there just waiting for sp1 i guess i mean this company is great why make products that work when they got us buying stuff that's not done how many times lord )
Old November 6, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

can anyone tell me if garbage collection work at the ssd level or os level ( does it work for vista in raid0 ) thank to anyone who has info i don't know about there FW i am on 1571 for my falcons right know but going to 1819 and want to know if i can keep running vista 64

Last edited by gingerbee; November 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old November 6, 2009, 09:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

confirmed it is screwing with my ssd know i have to pull them windows 7 there going to lots of bull with the ssd problems i am not only on this. checked the web MS

Last edited by gingerbee; November 6, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old November 6, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

NL / ITGC mainly works at the SSD level but needs a compatible OS (IIRC NTFS is all it needs), as long as you are using a MS OS (XP, vista, win 7) you should be fine. Only issues I have heard of with ITGC was on linux and OS X systems. ;)

I know the improvement in ITGC /NL in the latest fw IS significant. As long as you are not doing much with the system it just works, and does it FAST. No more logging out for hours and hours like 1571. IMHO when you CAN upgrade to the latest fw version...you SHOULD. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 6, 2009, 10:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes it is ms windows 7 views any hd or ssd attach at the time of os install as always local ( problems are that it only has done this to my ssd's which i mean come on the only reason i am even going to 7 was because of trim/garbage collection
Old November 6, 2009, 10:10 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

and yes very sorry to anyone about my language ( just tried of fixing stuff that in my opinion ms should have done them selfs thank akg alot )
Old November 6, 2009, 12:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

problem found and sloved ( 7 sees both ssd's as the same so it puts little files on the storage ssd for booting that should go on the OS ssd not the storage one ) and that is why when using 2 of the same ssd (not in raid) when the install is done you will only see 1. but if you go into device manager there both there you can get the other 1 working fine too. no formating cause 7 gots files on there
But don't try and pull it or move the data cause 7 freaks out no repair would fix which sucked bigtime.
All back running fine just had to do the install with just the os drive and everthing is fine silly 7
( and no these files were not supposed to go on that drive as soon as i turned the computer on/off the second ssd was gone again )