Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2009, 10:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

That almost sounds like you are talking about the hidden system partition that windows 7 creates when it installs. I know that it can install on a second drive even when you have told it to install on just the one drive.

Then again I have not tested installing it with 2 SSD's.

Either way from my experience, I think windows 7 is best installed with only one hard drive connected at the time of install. This will ensure that all needed files are on one drive. Just don't forget that with the newer firmware on some SSD's you actually get TRIM as long as you are using windows 7.