Old October 19, 2009, 05:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
There fixed that for ya.

Sorry couldnt resist. Nothing personal Crusty
I'm sorry, but I did say electromechanical drives, which obviously does not include SSD's. I did not include those for one very simple and widely known reason - there are NO LEGITIMATE INDUSTRY STANDARDS for them, period. None, zero, nada. Not one single aspect of their electrical design has been official documented in the form of a standard. It is a mongolian cluster -uck buyer's own risk market out there until there are such standards. It is as simple as that. Take it from a MS-EE who is a life member of the lion's share of those groups who do develope the official standards. I await the completion of the standardization as anxiously as the next guy, perhaps even more
Old October 19, 2009, 05:51 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

There was for a looong time no standards for 802.11n....didn't stop peeps from using it ;)

Standards are great, but sometimes they lag behind badly. Dont let that hold you back from the biggest single upgrade you can do. Trust me I always ran raptors, now I wouldn't waste my time with them. Just my two cents....YMMV, etc etc ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old October 19, 2009, 09:45 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Of course it won't LOL. I just want people to understand that without those standards they will have no justification whatsoever to complain about the many varied aspects of compatibility. That gents is the whole point, that's what defines device/item/class maturity, and compatability as already mentioned.