LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 8, 2009, 05:43 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default difference in firmware

g.skill firmware is doing some good for me this is with FW1370
and the second is with FW1571
The third is with them in raid0 just thought some of you might like to see the difference in FW and to see if anybody else got similar results
Attached Images

Last edited by gingerbee; October 8, 2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old October 8, 2009, 08:46 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Very nice. Looks like the new firmware keeps it steady and adds some bandwidth. But just to make sure...you have nothing eating up SSD activity right? It seems to jump around a lot....
Old October 8, 2009, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

on the pic with 1571 there was something in the back round that caused that dip was in a hurry to play with new ssd's so i said screw it but yes there was an increase on both of my ssd's
Old November 13, 2009, 12:37 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well have updated to firmware 1819 and yes it's slower not but much and i can't see or feel any difference this is firmware 1571 vs 1819 i will gladly keep the 1819 it has garbage collection fro raid0
pic 1 is 1571. pic 2 is 1819
Attached Images

Old November 13, 2009, 01:09 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Gingerbee....are you SURE that it has ITGC? I know 1819 has trim but I didnt think G. Skill confirmed ITGC was in it as well (IIRC there is no mention of ITGC in the firmware update log). I say this as OCZ ended up splitting their fw's (fw 1.41 ITGC the one I run & fw 1.4 TRIM version) as ITGC + TRIM capabilities = FAIL (as in chances of bricking a drive). Wonder if GSkill figured out how to do both in same fw.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old November 13, 2009, 02:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i don't know but most people on there forums say that ITGC is in there I hope. ha ha. but the slow down is not bad at all so will wait and see