Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 7, 2009, 01:35 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks a lot gentleman very happy with the performance of these for there cost. (I was going to pick up a patriot torqx but i think i will wait till the next run of ssd does anybody know when that is )
I mean where is the next big jump going to be and thank again.
Old August 7, 2009, 01:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh i almost forgot my adata show up in the bios as intel adata so what is up? I guess that deal is pretty big ah
Old January 27, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

started running my a-data's again with upgraded firmware 1848 and wiped with ocz wiper.
Attached Images

Old January 28, 2010, 11:07 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

hot damn thats nice, guess ill be looking into getting a pair of SSD's in the very near future. And I thought my 2 x WD blacks were fast lol.
Old January 28, 2010, 11:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup as long as you go indilinx you can't go wrong. and my peaks have gone up peaking around 460. love them.
Old June 16, 2010, 06:55 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Cool Problems with RAID 0 performance

Hi,

Hoping for some guidance, I'm sure I'm making a basic mistake but I thought I had followed all the tips to configure RAID0 on my machine but sadly the performance being reported with HDTune is low... I'm getting at best 108 min and 136 max? I must be doing something wrong :D

I have included my specs in my profile but basically I have configured 2 x s592 32Gb as RAID 0.

I flashed them to the FW1848
I configured them to have 128k stripe in AMD RAID ROM as RAID 0
I installed Windows 7 64 and had it create the partition
I upgraded the AHCI for Windows 7 driver, Raid Driver for Windows 7, South Bridge Driver from the AMD site (06/16/2010)
I ensured Write Cache enabled
And I ran the SSDTweak util and auto tuned.

I would greatly appreciate some pointers as I really wanted to emulate the same performace noted above ;)

Thanks

Brian
Old June 16, 2010, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

ok well since i have not done raid on amd in a while you need to turn on the write back cache for the raid software. it's normal to get them that low with it off
Old June 17, 2010, 04:59 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Thanks for the quick response, sadly I have already made all the basic changes i.e. enable Write back cache and ncq via RAIDXprt tool... my stats thru Crystal are 270 and 190 for seq R/W... kind of bummed as I had expected closer to 400 and 300 :(

After spending a lot of time searching and reading internet I'm at a loss I guess my 'old' MB RAID controller just sucks... and I have updated to the latest drivers.
Old June 17, 2010, 05:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

oh that blows hell there so bottle-necked the lowest i get even while running a vr-machine is 345mb amd southbridge damn. never run raid/ssd on amd chipsets yet.sorry man

Ok well that was a quick hit withhdtune which we all know sucks i just use it to do a quick check of read speeds but here's a pic of a up to date crystaldiskmark for you to compare
Attached Images

Last edited by gingerbee; June 17, 2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old June 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Yeah, it stinks. I might erase them (clean) and start over one final time to see if I can eek out a little bit more as I don't want to spend too much on this hobby box. I have to console myself that it's more than twice what I was getting out of my old WD drive ;)
Attached Images