Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 30, 2009, 07:49 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
You can install win7 onto the hard drive, after you format it.. there will be an option to do so after it loads. No need for linux.

ahh ok.

so im at this windows 7 screen... asking where do i want to install it.... that is the format right? once i choose.... it is being formated right?
Old July 30, 2009, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah, once you pop in the disc for Win 7 and you get to the installer, you just keep on continuing on, and then when you get to the Select Drive part, you should see an unallocated space. You then click on More Options and click on Format and just follow the steps there.
Old July 30, 2009, 07:51 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti View Post
Yeah, once you pop in the disc for Win 7 and you get to the installer, you just keep on continuing on, and then when you get to the Select Drive part, you should see an unallocated space. You then click on More Options and click on Format and just follow the steps there.

oopz... i didnt click on more option. at the screen where it show unlocated partition... showing where i want to install.... i just quickly click next. then it is installing show percentages.

am i in trouble? or ok?
Old July 30, 2009, 08:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It must've been already formatted, in that case it's fine.. you'll still have your old files and stuff still, no big deal...

We were assuming the HDD was new/ unformatted... if it's installing you're good to go!
Old July 30, 2009, 08:21 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_HT View Post
It must've been already formatted, in that case it's fine.. you'll still have your old files and stuff still, no big deal...

We were assuming the HDD was new/ unformatted... if it's installing you're good to go!

yeah it is brand new. unuse hdd. super brand new sealed.

well im all set! turns out nothing to worry about. everything running smooth!

tqtq case closed.