Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 10, 2009, 10:10 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Right now the Indilinx based SSD are the best bang for your buck. Fast, powerful and have wiper.exe
Your options are G.Skill Falcon 2yr warranty....OCZ Vertex 3yr warranty....or Patriot Torqx TEN FREAKIN' YEAR warranty. All are basically the same drive....Guess which one I recommend....right now ;)

And yes...a review IS in the works of the Torqx.

relevant part (bold and underline added by me):
"...backed by a new industry leading 10 year warranty for all Torqx SSD products..."
So Torqx is just like Vertex Turbo that make minor update to the hardware. Vertex Turbo OC the ram, and Torqx slap another 64MB of ram so it's 128MB. The 10 yyrs warranty is great, but if they don't have as much as support like OCZ that pump out updates like crazy, then I would rather stick with Vertex. just my 2 cents.
Old July 11, 2009, 05:30 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

The Torx M28 has double the cache. The "regular" Torqx is exactly like the Vertex and Falcon. :)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 11, 2009, 10:12 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Hmm.... I can get the OCZ Vertex 128GB for over $100 bucks cheaper than the torqx at my local dealer. Gonna have to go for that. Thanks for all the input peeps, you're the best :D