Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 30, 2009, 03:05 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default In-depth Hard Drive SMART analasys...

hey guys, just wondering if you know of any program/site that can give me an in-depth look at the SMART data of my hard drives, like what SpeedFan does. Except Speedfan is being a little prick with my computer and not detecting my hard drives, otherwise i'd use speedfan to do the online analasys.

:P
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old April 30, 2009, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I use the smartmontools from Linux to print the SMART data from my drives. Speedfan / HDTune never figured out how to get at the SMART data through my motherboard's SATA ports.
I boot into Linux and type smartctl --all /dev/sd<letter corresponding to hdd> into a terminal and it dumps all the SMART data. You can use a Linux Live CD like Main Page - SystemRescueCd
Old April 30, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I have been using CrystalDiskInfo and have found that it gives pretty much all the info you could want. Oh yea it is free as well.

Now if you want even more info, such as getting emails if one of your drives falls below a certain health or over a certain temp, then get HD Sentinel. You can also set it to run as a service in the background like I do. Really a very nice piece of software, highly recommended. But then again this one does cost money, but they do have a trial I believe.

Oh yea forgot to mention that HD Sentinel supports SSDs as well.