Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 27, 2009, 08:49 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default patriot 32 gb ssd performance

well you have seen how 2 went now 3 i put the hdtune pics at the end of post will add atto soon weeee i luv you patriot atto pics at the end

so far it looks good to me and no stutter at all i mean i have tried to get it to stutter and it won't ( install farcary2 will doing a scan spybot and opening a bunch of big pics all at once these things are great besides the big scratches and no warranty but what hell) just one more pic add to show how well they scale in raid with write back performance on ( did not realize it was off and wow what a difference ) first pic before and second is after this is my boot raid so always in some use even little ( Have just ordered another 1 and we will see how they scale in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Last edited by gingerbee; April 3, 2009 at 07:26 PM.
Old March 27, 2009, 09:02 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

Looks like stuttering to me. And that's on reads. Here's my 2 older 720.10 Seagates on the same raid controller:
Old March 27, 2009, 09:02 AM

My System Specs

Are you keeping them? I would never keep an SSD without warranty. No one knows how reliable the controllers are.
Old March 27, 2009, 09:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yup and those drops are becase i am using them right now full install of all my crap like games and stuff ( ohh and like 3 hd movies coming in all at the same time ) my raid upstairs says it gets more then this but from the way it boots in to vista in less then 22 seconds i mean so far the use is great 200 dollars of fun this was my risk buy for this quarter
Old March 27, 2009, 09:31 AM
"Quote This..."
F@H

hehe, I hear you man. I have to stop myself daily from ordering a couple of these. I hope to god I manage to wait for the second gen of SSD's. I swore I was gonna pass on this gen of i7's too, then you went and posted the link to the sale.
Old March 27, 2009, 09:48 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

i know i have to stop myself sometimes just got 5200 to play win on evga borad matx just to make it harder see what clockes i can get ( good sale right me too )( looks like i can give mother my e7200) i thinking i am going to wait till i can get some faster ones maybe like end of summer vortex looks goood
Old March 27, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

installing cod5 as i type this so there is no stutter
Old March 27, 2009, 11:31 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

I'm glad its working out for you!

The stutter issue is VERY subjective and depends heavily on what you are running. Fast Quad system with lots of fast ram will help cover small stutters as the performance is so far above and beyond what is perceivable that small hiccups get lost in the background noise. Try it on a crappy netbook...well YMMV :)~

IF you want to "experience" the stutter issue just to see what all the fuss is about....copy a big file from and to itself (say 4gb) AND a folder w/ lots of small files (say 2GB worth) to itself...and watch a youtube video...maybe throw in a few large downloads (game patches work good) and see what happens while you surf the web (say 10 tabs worth).

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old March 27, 2009, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

yes i have been able to stutter all i had to do was copy to hd movies to and from my ssd and some other hd's (750 and 74 raptor now using as program and page file) but it last for me for only 20 seconds or so i did not align them if this is as bad as it is going to get then i can say for sure that the next round of ssd will be up to speed and better i am all ready looking for a version thats better but not to pricey
Old March 27, 2009, 12:24 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

LOL.
I'd wait for the next Corsair to come out...and then snarf up their first model. Rumors are that this is the stable and "conservative" model...and the next is going to be a high performance model ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr