Go Back   Hardware Canucks > HARDWARE > Storage

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2009, 03:20 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

2$ for a package of double-sided sticky pads. 27 pads total. I had a similar incident. Whenever I remove my cage for case cleaning or what not, I stick my cage to my desk surface. I have a very rambunctious cat. Just a suggestion.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old March 29, 2009, 03:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

I have 3 cats, lol. I dare not leave my room door open when i'm working on my electronics/computers. My mother is even nice enough to close the door for me should I forget to while i'm out in the kitchen or something.

But I agree with Chilly: In this situation, both the OP and his mom are to blame. Both showed their fair part of fail, from what I make of it.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/
Old March 29, 2009, 04:34 PM
MVP

Crispex, you still have it wrong. He left the drives there. had HE placed them somewhere else they would probably be fine.

before you go off about maturity i would giver some long hard thought to having a look in the mirror.

if there was even the smallest chance something of mine could be knocked over i would have picked a better place to put it. PERIOD.

she had an accident, he gets to (hopefully) buy some new drives. that should teach hi not to leave them on the edge of the table. however if he is like yourself, they will get knocked over again and he will look to someone else to blame, instead of looking in the mirror.

so , now the general population of HWC is not mature. grow up little boy.
Old March 29, 2009, 05:57 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If only I could respond to that in some way without degrading this thread further. . . Your stubborn refusal to drop the subject is amazing, rob. That said, I drop the subject.

What interests me is the sticky pad thing, actually.

I take it that the recommendation here is to never own a cat if you work on your computer a lot?
Old March 29, 2009, 06:11 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

I have two cats, one of which absolutely has to sit on or walk on anything I am doing. I was working on my rig a little while back, and I was very, very aware that the cat(s) will probably try to knock down a screw, steal a cable, etc. I was very careful to put these items in places where the cat could not get them. I had the case on its side, with a side panel off and the cards removed.

I turned around for a second and I see a tail coming out the side of the case...it was like, half a second! Lol....
Fold for team #54196
Old March 29, 2009, 06:53 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Oh, that's awesome.

The cat's mind: "He's not looking! GO FOR IT!"
Old March 29, 2009, 08:50 PM
MVP

to crispex,chilly, and chriskwarren : yes, it was my "moment" , i'm not freaking out anymore, and whoever said the whole "darned if she does, darned if she doesnt"--agreed and thank you for trying to see what it would seem to my side of the story. otherwise i apologize if this thread was a bit immature but the whole point of this thread was asking whether dropping these cages from about 1' off the ground would kill them.....my immature rant wasnt so much looking for comments...rob..xD
update: hdds are up and running , they're fine for the most part. and i'm leaving it out of the case because i was gonna do some TIM testing both in and out of case cause i know there are people out there who just dont care to get a case so i am doing this partly for them?
MOBO:Asus Striker 2 Formula
RAM:OCZ HPC REAPER 4GB 1066mhz pc2-8500 (5-5-5-15)@2.2v
PSU:CORSAIR 750W
CASE:Silvertstone TJ07
SOUND:Auzentech X-Fi Prelude
Keyboard:Logitech G15 V2
Mouse:Razer DeathAdder
Case Cooling:2x92mm exhaust,2x120mm exhaust, 2x120mm Ultra Kaze(3000RPM)intake.
Running:Win7 64-bit Ultimate
F@H PPD:46957

Old March 29, 2009, 09:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's normal to be frustrated after something like that, no big deal... You shouldn't have put them in a place where they could be hit over, and yes she should've watched her step. Shit happens.

Glad they're still going, though!
Old March 29, 2009, 09:39 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskwarren View Post
I have two cats, one of which absolutely has to sit on or walk on anything I am doing. I was working on my rig a little while back, and I was very, very aware that the cat(s) will probably try to knock down a screw, steal a cable, etc. I was very careful to put these items in places where the cat could not get them. I had the case on its side, with a side panel off and the cards removed.

I turned around for a second and I see a tail coming out the side of the case...it was like, half a second! Lol....

haha I have 1 cat, she knows better not to mess with my stuff. she'll just sit in my ncix boxes once they are empty, and enjoys rubbing its head on the side of my computer case, which is where i shoo it away because i dont want cat hair getting sucked in my front fans, and i really dont want its teeth scratching the case like everything else it rubs its head on and leaves marks.

| ASUS P8Z68-VPRO | Intel i5 2500K | 8Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme | 2x 60gb OCZ Solid 3 SSD | EVGA GTX260 Core216 |

Old March 29, 2009, 09:50 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
to crispex,chilly, and chriskwarren : yes, it was my "moment" , i'm not freaking out anymore, and whoever said the whole "darned if she does, darned if she doesnt"--agreed and thank you for trying to see what it would seem to my side of the story. otherwise i apologize if this thread was a bit immature but the whole point of this thread was asking whether dropping these cages from about 1' off the ground would kill them.....my immature rant wasnt so much looking for comments...rob..xD
update: hdds are up and running , they're fine for the most part. and i'm leaving it out of the case because i was gonna do some TIM testing both in and out of case cause i know there are people out there who just dont care to get a case so i am doing this partly for them?
Good to see it worked out!
Fold for team #54196